ENERGY PERFORMANCE for your Folding Sliding DOOR & Window Systems
We meet or exceed Energy Star standards on all of our window and door products!
Systems include a tongue and groove feature unique to our folding sliding door systems which in turn:
- Prevents water & air infiltration.
- Keeps the system stable with one panel interlocking with another ensuring that the integrity of the system remains intact whether the doors are opening inwards or opening outwards.
- The thermal rating of a window or door is measured in U-Values, the lower the U-Value the better the rating.
- Many companies will give you a U-Value based on the center pane value or the U-Value of the glass (better than ‘A’ rated). This value will always be better (lower) than the actual value of the complete window or door.
- We are able to meet a wide range of required U-Values from 1.8-1.12.
- There are several important differences between Canadian code requirements for window, door, and skylight products and the NAFS standard. These are addressed in CSA A440S1-09, the Canadian Supplement to NAFS. One of these differences is how water penetration test failure is defined, and this can affect products tested to NAFS in the United States.
- INTERTEK DIRECTORY OF CERTIFIED BUILDING PRODUCTS (Folding Sliding Doors Canada Ltd)